Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My First Trimester

(Heaven's rays shining down that my 1st trimester is over)
Milestone blocks c/o Spang Gang Designs

Last weekend I wrapped up my 13th week of pregnancy, i.e. my first trimester. I cannot properly convey how happy I am to be done with that period and to be moving on in my pregnancy. For me this is where it gets fun; showing off the baby bump, finding out the gender, feeling better, and being in the "safe" zone.

My first trimester was riddled with "morning" sickness and exhaustion. I struggled to eat most days but luckily with this pregnancy I had the proper remedy for me to at least keep my food down most of the time. With my past two I do not remember being so tired, nay exhausted. Everyday when I put down my kids to nap I would easily nap for the 2-3 hours that they were asleep. I spent most of my days on the sofa, too unwell to get up and be active. We quit going swimming, no more park trips, no ice cream stops, and definitly no horse play. While I did feel like I had become a super lame mom overnight there were two things that comforted me during these weeks. The first was that I knew this period would pass (and now it has). The second was that my kids are too young to realize their life had become boring. They still played out on the patio, dad took up a lot of playtime when he could, and they really liked that I let them watch more tv than normal. Plus they got convenience food since I was too sick to make them all of their meals. They fell in love with capri suns and go-gurt (no children were harmed or malnourished in the making of this post).

To those of you who have not had children yet and are reading this, do not feel discouraged. You may not get this sick. You may not be tired all the time. You may be 4 months pregnant right now and not even know it. That just isnt me...my brightside is that I have 8 month pregnancies and one single one-inch stretch mark connected to my appendix scar. There are trade offs, plus you get a baby :)

My first trimester favorites:
Renew lotion
"Lay it on Thick" by True Blue Spa
Arrowhead sparkling water
Sourdough toast
Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment