Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Homemade Uncrustables


I was recently shopping through Target and stumbled upon Uncrustables. They didn't exist when I was a kid, but I thought it might be fun to try them out. You know what wasn't fun? The price tag! Still, I bought one box to try them out. I really loved the convenience but I knew I could make them for cheaper and I could make them healthier*! Here is my version of Uncrustables.

What you'll need
Peanut Butter
Jelly
Bread
Quart size mason jar



First, smother on the PB&J. Don't worry if it is goopy.


Line up your mason jar on the center of the sandwich. Gently Press down so that you create a ring impression in the bread.

See that ring? Beautiful. Then flip over the sandwich, line the jar back up with the indentation, and press down again, this time cutting completely through the bread.

Enjoy! If you're not going to eat them right away you can wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them. It is an easy way to stock up a sandwich army in your freezer!
He may not be smiling, but he downed that sandwich...

*Whole wheat bread versus white bread and natural pb versus regular pb is what makes these babies healthier. If you have any allergies this is a great opportunity to swap out breads, butters, or jams to make a diet-friendly treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment